Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Dogs are Better than People- continued

Dogs are better than people continues. As I think off all the wonderful characteristics of my own dogs as I watch them play, sleep and eat, I become more convinced of their superior characters.
They are authentic about who they are and what they need. Have you ever witnessed a dogs trying to be a cat or feeling insecure it was a dog? Perhaps there is insecurity about how someone has treated them as a dog but never for just simply being a dog.

The thing I am amused by most about dogs is how in the present moment they are and how easily they literally shake things off after a little scuff with another. They could be growling and fighting with another dog one minute, then shaking it off and ready to play the next. They don't hold grudges. They forgive, forget and move on, giving you another chance to love and engage with them.

ANother thing I absolutely adore about dogs is that they are always happy to see you when you return home, no matter how long it has been since you left. They never interrogate you about where you were and what other dogs you've been seeing, demanding to know whose smell is that on your clothes? Which could be a problem when you're a pet sitter and around other dogs all day long. My dogs even seem grateful that I have brought home some new and interesting smells for them to gorge their sniffers on when I first arrive home. Ah, yes, dogs are better than people in so many delightful ways. Tell me one of your fun stories about how dogs are better than people for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment